Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Vogue 1528

My needle case is about 15 years old and is showing its age so I thought I'd make a new one today. I bought Vogue 1528 off eBay a while ago. I bought it for the jewellery roll and cosmetic bags, the little sewing case was a bonus. I used scraps of Alison Glass Handcrafted fabric that was left over from making the Planets quilt in Striking Strip Quilts.
It wasn't hard to make and didn't take too long, but I did have to read the instructions to work out what pieces to cut as it wasn't marked on the pattern pieces. I think the elastic for the pocket pieces was a little short so it's pulling the whole case inwards and it won't lay shut. If I make another one I would change that, but other than that it went together perfectly.

1 comment:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Love the fabric and how you cut the geese for the needle case.