Saturday, July 25, 2015

Nina Culottes

My wardrobe is in need of some basic pants or skirts and I've eyed off a few of the culotte patterns as they have been released. Most have been too wide or had too many pleats for me, but then I saw the Nina Culottes and Skirt pattern and bought it immediately. There are lots of variations in this pattern, very good value for money.
I used some stretchy lighter weight denim from Spotlight and some Liberty to line the pockets and waistband. I made the version with the invisible zip at the side. I didn't make a muslin and it fits pretty well. The waist is a little high for me and if I use this pattern again I will lower it.
As I was sewing them I remembered I made a pair nearly exactly the same in about 1989 and I can remember wearing them in winter with stockings and black brogues.
My girls think they are very odd, I'm not sure any of them have seen me in shorts before, but I love them they are really comfortable and practical.



2 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

and stylish... That pattern looks so flattering and love how you've put your outfit together.

formandreform said...

I've been so up and down about the Culottes thing for me personally. I do really LOVE these on you though Kate! Have pinned the pattern for consideration. Shorts in summer have been on my "no go" list for forever - I think you have swayed me there....