Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A Couple of Pairs of Socks

I am off the crutches and hobbling around the house. I never thought that being able to hobble would make me this happy! I've managed a little sewing at the machine, but I'm trying not to over do it so there is still time for a little knitting.
I actually finished these last year, but have never taken pictures or shared them. I didn't use a pattern I made it up as I went incorporating all my favourite parts of sock knitting. There is a little lace at the top, lots of stocking stitch and some lace across the foot which is visible when I wear them with Mary Janes and a star toe. I knit them in Socks That Rock Lightweight which I knit a pair out of a few years ago and they have worn extremely well considering they are 100% wool.

I really enjoyed knitting them so I knit some more in Madelinetosh Sock. I didn't get far and then summer came so I managed to finish them off last month.
 


4 comments:

antique quilter said...

pretty socks, love the detail
Kathie

Brenda said...

Beautiful socks.

Thimbleanna said...

Very pretty Kate! That pattern looks great in a plain color AND when the yarn is variegated!

colesworth said...

such a clever idea to have the lace on the top of the foot with a mary jane - I'd love to see how they look with shoe on ;o)