Thursday, October 10, 2013

Strip Savvy

I'm just a little bit excited to tell you that I wrote a book! It is not out until January, but it finally feels very real after seeing it on the Martingale website and seeing it for pre-order it on Amazon.

Here's a little bit about it:

This exciting collection features fresh, bright designs inspired by traditional blocks, as well as a few all-new block designs. Discover a wide variety of patterns for everyone from novices to experts--at a terrific value.
  • Use convenient precut 2 1/2" strips or dive into your stash--and create a quilt that's uniquely your own
  • Select from 18 fun projects and try new techniques such as flying geese, half-square triangles, triangle corners, chain piecing, and strip piecing
  • Enhance your quilt design by making clever use of leftover strips in pieced borders and scrappy bindings
It has been such a huge year. I signed the contract in hospital after having Olive, but we managed (just - I may be forgetting just how crazy that first six months was) and I am so excited to finally share what I have been working on!

14 comments:

Sally said...

Congratulations Kate. Sounds awesome and sure does look good. Bring on January.

Annie said...

Fantastic Kate...can't wait to get my hands on a copy

Thimbleanna said...

Wow Kate -- Congratulations!!!

Plum Cox said...

That's brilliant! How exciting! Congratulations!

Abby and Stephanie said...

That IS quite an accomplishment. Congratulations and happy sales. I love the cover shot and quilt.

Karen said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to get my hands on a copy. Love the cover quilt.

Suzy said...

Kate! That is so exciting, congratulations. I can't wait to see it in print - and how beautiful is that quilt on the cover? Amazing work.

Brenda said...

Congratulations Kate! I'm so happy for you. You do beautiful work.

Samantha Dennison said...

Yep! You are amazing!! x

Chookyblue...... said...

huge congrats......hope it goes well...........

Margret said...

That's amazing! I can't believe you did all that after just having a baby!! Sounds like a book I'll have to get :)

flowerpress said...

Wow, yay! Go you :-)

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Congratulations! It looks amazing.

formandreform said...

HUGE congrats Kate!!!!!!
It looks amazing. - how did you keep that secret so LONG!