Thursday, February 28, 2013

Little Pouches

I have plans for an Amy Butler Weekender bag (I know, late to the bandwagon as per usual), so I thought I'd try out the 'Quilt As You Go' Method with scraps and offcuts of batting.

It was fun, I really enjoyed it.
I turned them into little pouches. In my rush I forgot to top stitch near the zip on the first one and now all the lining is caught in the zip and it won't open. You think I should have learnt from past experience hopefully I will remember from now on.

Not sure I am ready to tackle the Weekender bag yet, but I am ready to try something bigger using the QAYG method.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

How cute! I havent made the bag yet either... need somewhere to go for that!

Annie said...

Love love love, I have the pattern for that bag too. must get onto it. Love the scraps!

Christine said...

The pouches are so cute. I can't wait to see your weekender bag.

Brenda said...

The pouches are really cute. Love all of the different fabrics you used.

A-L said...

Those are lovely! Would not mind at all having one like that... cool prints !

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous little zipper purses :)