Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fabric Sorting

Cleaning and sorting my quilting fabric seemed like a really good idea at the time. Then once it was all out it needed to be sorted and put back. I can't say it is any neater, but I have culled the fabrics I will never use and it is all sorted by colour. A small improvement. There will be no pictures though, you can all pretend it looks like those gorgeous pictures you see of fabric neatly folded in shelves when it pretty much looks like the picture below, but in a shelves.

5 comments:

Kris said...

Love that you don't show the fabric neatly on the shelves. That's how it is at my house too!

Unknown said...

I love playing with my fabric from time to time and sorting it all out.

Lurline said...

I'm with you! I can't get my fabrics to a 'display' stage either. The more I sort, the harder it is to find what I want!
Hugs - Lurline.

Sew Surprising said...

I made a start the other week to cull my scraps, they were breeding Im sure of it, upside is sewing room looks so much neater and I will have a finished quilt:) I always look at those ever so perfect rows of folded fabric and know mine will never look like that :)

red in oz said...

I think those people who have perfect stashes probably don't actually sew. Like those people with beautiful, spotless kitchens who never cook.