Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Papercut Circle Top

I made the Papercut Circle Top on the weekend. It is a very easy pattern. It is basically a big circle with sleeves. The sleeves have a cuff which could be halved (I have mine folded up which I quite like) and the whole thing is bound. The binding took longer to make and sew than the rest of the cardigan (and looking at the photos now, the binding needs a good iron).
I used some merino wool blend jersey which has a beautiful drape. I bought it off ebay and the colour was called Dutch Blue. Everyone in my house says it is purple, but I am just not a purple person so I am pretending it is blue.
I don't love it hanging open, it might be different, when I am not pregnant, but I love it closed with a brooch. It is really comfortable and I will keep at eye out for more wool jersey that I can make another one out of.


6 comments:

Copper Patch said...

Love it Kate. Very tempted to buy the pattern but seems a bit exy at $25. Worth it?

Samantha Dennison said...

I think that's gorgeous! Looks very elegant fastened with the brooch.

Jane said...

That's great! I like purple anyway but that's not looking purple on my screen :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice Kate and I love the colour.

Annie said...

You look absolutely beautiful in that Kate. I think I want to make one. Btw it looks blue to me!

Lauren said...

Gorgeous Kate - and it looks bloue to me. Thanks for the links in your post on 27 May - ShopONION has some awesome patterns, I'm itching to get the sewing machine fired up!