Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Quilt Top

I have finished all the Denyse Schmidt blocks and was so excited to see how they looked I sewed and sewed yesterday until I had a quilt top. I love it. I love all the fabrics together and I think this simple block really shows them off.

Originally I was just going to make blocks and stack them together, but I hadn't pressed any of my seams open and feeling quite lazy this week I didn't want to have to deal with trying to make them match perfectly and the thickness of them so I thought I would add strips between each block and eliminate the problem of sewing a half square triangle seam to another half square triangle seam.

I am hoping to get some time in the next week to write up a mini tutorial on how I made the blocks and put the quilt together.

















7 comments:

Lisa said...

Lovely!

Nicky said...

Fabulous quilt - just love it!

Susan said...

I love how this came out. From a distance it even looks like little Dresden Plates. I started making some of these blocks a couple of weeks ago, sparked by Malka Dubrawsky's (StitchinDye) beautiful quilt, but wasn't sure about how I was going to put them together. Now I will wait for your tutorial (thanks in advance!) and put them together with the sashing as you did. What a great idea!

Suz said...

Gorgeous pattern - I might use this idea for my youngest's big girl quilt when she reaches a bed. Have been looking for designs that incorporate a fair bit of white with colour :)

Lisa said...

Just gorgeous. Love it.

Thimbleanna said...

It's beautiful Kate! MUCH better than if you'd just stacked them -- Love the layout!

Karen said...

Love it!!! The sashings were a great idea.