Thursday, April 21, 2011

Pillowcase

There hasn't been any progress on the dress, but I have made a pillowcase. I have had this tutorial on the to do list for a while. The actual making of the pillowcase took no time all. Then there was a 2 week wait for the cotton to arrive (why does the mail seem to be taking longer and longer to reach us from over east?) and some quiet crochet this morning and it was done. As usual there have been requests from the little ones with colour requests for their very own pillowcase.










11 comments:

www.sewrayme.co.uk said...

The crochet adds such a pretty detail to these pillows. Very sweet.

Stacey @ bakercourt said...

Kate, this is amazing! I hadn't thought to incorporate crochet into sewing, it's very pretty. I've ordered some buttons from USA and they've taken two weeks already (*patiently waiting*)... x

Nicky said...

Who wouldn't have sweet dreams on a pillow like this?

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a pretty pillowcase Kate. Glad your cotton arrived finally!!

Lisa said...

Lovely fabric and cotton combo.

La Marmotte said...

So inspiring!

I can wait to get my Sewing Machine on my birthday! (I thing I might kill my husband if he doesn't give me one! But I'm sure he will... I'm annoying about this since 3-4 months ago!)

Only 56 days remaining!
(Honeyyyyyy... You remember what I want for my birthday, no?)

Naturally Carol said...

A pretty pillowcase..I am really into a lot of colour in my bed linen..ever since i made orange pillowcases! I think the postage delay could be connected to Easter.

Anonymous said...

Love the pillowcases - would you possibly ever consider doing a tutorial on the crochet edges - my granny used to do them on flannelette baby blankets, and I would love to know how to do it.

Marina said...

Beautiful - I really want to do some of those too!

Jo said...

It's lovely, I can see why you've had requests for more! And the crochet finishes it off so nicely - makes me want to learn to crochet.

Sarah Slaven said...

oh its so sweet you have such a great eye for colour.