Friday, January 22, 2010

Week One in the New House

Still no broadband so here is a picture less post.
We have been in the new house for a week and in that time Chris and I went to Perth to buy some furniture then went to Albany to get the girls (all in 43 degree heat) and then came back here and finished unpacking.
There was a small problem with a snake (dugite) stuck in the fruit nets in the shed on Sunday. Lucky we know a few snake handlers and one came to get it quite fast but it was a bit tricky getting it out of the nets and a few have holes cut in them. Not that I'm complaining I am just glad there are people around to come and get them!
This morning the girls and I made a start on the overgrown vegie patch and picked a few ripe passionfruit. I feel so totally scammy inheriting this amazing garden with produce already to pick.

11 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds great Kate, the garden sounds great too (except for the snake). We have a passionfruit vine and its starting to drop the fruit now too.

Suzy said...

Oh, I have massive vegie patch envy! Look forward to seeing photos when the internet arrives.

And good luck with the unpacking.

Corrie said...

oh jealousy! a ready made fruit and veg garden, who's a lucky girl then!!!!!

dying to see pics of your new home!

Corrie;)

our shabby cottage said...

Congrats on the move Kate. I know how it feels. What a wonderful thing to be able to pick your own produce already! Bonus or what?

bec said...

The people moving into your old house will be just as excited over something, so it's good karma I think. And the girls must love it! How did Evie go with the weaning?

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Reap the rewards, ready made fruit & vegetables, go with it, sure it was factored into the price!! Love Posie

Kris said...

It all sounds great! (cept for the snake. I just don't like snakes.) I'm looking forward to the broadband too. I'm missing your photos! BTW, you are a star getting all that done in 43 degree heat. I am impressed.

Mette (Mettuska) said...

Passionfruits, yam! Snakes, yak! :D

Pauline Perh said...

The garden sounds great! Hope that you get to share pictures of your garden with us soon.

Anna said...

that's so nice to inherit a nice garden! I got lucky like that with my house. :)

Thimbleanna said...

Eeeew - a snake! Be Careful!!! And have fun in your new garden -- it sounds lovely!