Thursday, November 01, 2007

Labels

I read a great comparison of labels and where to get them at Old School Acres a few weeks ago and thought I'd give a new place a try. These are from FancyWeaver on ebay. They are excellent. You can choose from lots of colours, sizes and any free font, plus they are not that expensive. the best thing was that I had them in two weeks. They don't fray on the edges which is great.
The only downside is that there is not much room either side of the writing so it can be a bit tricky sewing them into seams.The other place I get labels from is Apparel Labels in Australia. They are great quality and come in lengths you have to cut apart and there is plenty of room on either side of the writing to sew them into seams. The only problem is the length of time you have to wait to receive them. My last order took 2 months and several emails.

Some new Moo cards arrived last week. It's nice to have something a bit professional looking to hand out.Some new pig pillows I finished this week.

13 comments:

Scribbit said...

I was wondering where a good place to get labels was. Now I know, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hi!! I don't comment too often but I do read all your posts, you are inspirational!!

I've just started sewing (as in 3 weeks ago) so if you've got any sewing tips you can share, I've just been a-blogging about my newly acquired op shop fabric stash and asking for hints and tips.

Also - thanks for the label link, I've also been looking and considering some.

Sue said...

Thanks for the great advice for the labels. I love the piggy pillows too, sooo cute!!!

Di said...

Your new labels look great! And the Moo cards - I keep meaning to get some - it's nice to be reminded of how cute they are!

Anonymous said...

Your new labels look great. I love the font but like you say, it would be hard to attach.
Thanks for sharing all your sources.
Maybe I'll do Moo Cards one day too.

tea time and roses said...

Pillows are darling, and thank you so much for your link for labels...

Smiles...

Beverly

Jade said...

Those new labels are fab! I need to stock up on some new ones...thanks for the link.

fi said...

moo card are my next purchase!i have had a rubber stamp made up, no more waiting!!love the typeface on the new labels and the pigs, sooo cute...:)

Cathy said...

thanks for the links to labels - I get mine from RH Draper - think they are in south australia.

maybe I will try your link out next time I run out.

Stacey said...

Cute labels! I get mine from another Etsy seller and they are fantastic - exactly what I was after. If you are ever in the market for another supplier, let me know and I'll pass on the details.
I get hang tags from Etsy as well, but I have to say I haven't been as happy with these.
Your Moo cards look really cute. I have been considering getting some and after seeing yours, I think I had better dive on in and do it.

Kelly said...

I've been looking for labels! Can you tell me are they printed on woven material or woven on woven material? -kb

calicodaisy said...

What font did you choose for your fancyweaver labels? I'm trying to decide, but I'm overwhelmed with ideas. Thanks. -- Michele

speckled egg said...

Hi! I'm new to the craft-blogging world and I just wanted to say thank you so much for the inspiration! Your blog is fabulous and the things you make are absolutely beautiful.