Monday, September 25, 2006

Margaret River

I can't believe the weekend is over already. Chris and I went to Margaret River while Mum and Dad looked after the girls. Not only that they did the washing, cleaned up the woodpile, gardened and mowed the lawns. Thankyou so much Mum and Dad!!!
We had a great time - went to a 21st at Wino's and had lunch at Voyager. Here is Chris standing outside there.

Although I missed the girls and I wouldn't want to go back 2 years in time it was like we had our old lives back for the weekend. It was so nice to wander around and actually sit down and drink a coffee with the papers and not have to stress about getting them down for a sleep or finding something for them to eat and not actually have a definite plan.
The girls are asleep - I think they had a pretty busy weekend so i am drinking some tea from T2 and listening to Dan Kelly.

I caved in last week and had to get some Echino fabric and some other Japanese fabric. It was definitely worth it - it is gorgeous. Ok my break is over the girls are up.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Margaret River =) Have you ever been to the Woody Nook? (spelling?). It's a lovely little winery and resteraunt down there that we've gone to each time we were there since I was a little kid, love it! =)

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling :-), and you really need some days like that.

Rebecca said...

Glad to hear you had a good weekend and in such a lovely part of the world too.

I can never get over the fact that if my Mum is looking after Milo and I pop out for half an hour, by the time I get back she has cleaned the bathroom and kitchen, hung out the washing and made a lasagne!!

Lauri said...

Oh my gosh! I love that fabric, especially the one on the right.

And why is it that when the grandparents come to stay with the kids, they can get all of that gardening, laundry, fixing up done in that tiny amount of time, that we can never find the time for???

Anonymous said...

I was going to make the same comment as lorilaurielauri. Why is it that grandparents can do so much more than what we seem to be able to do and sitll take care of the kids? Maybe, they just know that after a couple of days, they get to go home and chill if they want to. ?

the fabric is great, I shall check it out.

I love T2 tea...and their shops are so beautiful.

leslie said...

oooohhhh, lovely fabric!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds you and hubby had a well-deserved and wonderful break! Love the fabric - so jealous :-)

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog and am really enjoying it! And I just made a bag with the same fabric you have on the left in your photo...