Thursday, May 11, 2006

Good Mail

A warning for non crafty people - this post is all craft.
I have been knitting for a my good friend, Rose, whose baby is due very soon. It is the little jumper from Last Minute Knitted Gifts and despite the mess it looks in the picture, it is not that hard and is quite a quick knit.
The best thing about getting rid of stuff on ebay, beside cleaning up some piles around here, is the extra cash. And that didn't last long. On the right are a couple of books from Amazon Japan. On the left is my first issue of Ottobre. I discovered it last week. It is a sewing magazine for children's clothes. Very cute designs.
Lorna's Laces in Daffodil. I think I can see some Jaywalkers in my future.

3 comments:

Sandra Monat said...

Just wanted to say "hello Kate!". Thanks for your message on my blog! Your girls are so cute!
Happy creating!
Friederike!+Sandra

Anonymous said...

I like the title of your blog. It's how I felt when I purchased my first issue of Ottobre last month. What a great magazine. I love discovering new things like that. Your softies are very cute too. Thanks for the nice comments you left on my blog. Have a great Mother's Day weekend!

Megan said...

Kate, where do you get Ottobre from? I've seen it before and thought it looked wonderful, but don't know where you find it in the Southern Hemisphere.